Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muffler Comparo
thsi article (which was also in Populat Hot Rodding) tests a bunch of popular mufflers in flow,sound pressure,performance and hp. Its probably as complete a test as can be done by a third party and the writer of the article is highly regarded in more than just the pontiac crowd . It shows the Dynomax Super hemi muffler as one of the highest flowing and quietest mufflers in the bunch. The Blowmasters typically finish in the bottom of the bunch.. Like i always said..rather be fast than loud.. Smile
http://www.pontiacstreetperformance.com/...haust.html
[Image: exhaus1.jpg]
[Image: exhaus2.jpg]
2008 Saab 9-7x Aero 6.0V8 AWD 5000lbs
[email protected]
resonator delete,homemade cold air,otherwise stock
1994 Mustang Gt convertible.. stock

[Image: image.php?u=20525&type=sigpic&dateline=1385997332]
Did the article say how many dba the open pipe went to?
91 LSCSE Electric Currant Red

Stk. 1.125" swaybar w/ Moog Rubber mounts

Moog LCA bushings, ball joints, Inner and outer tie rods, Reman rack

E.S. urethane end link bushings on OEM links

Steeda rear lower control arm bushings

Moog rubber upper control arm bushings

Motorcraft Struts, Moog Mounts, Koni Red shocks
I kow it, but I couldnt resist the urge or the $14.95 Summit turbo muffs!!! Send me some Hemi's and i'll use em!!
Quote:Pissed me off, so I lit up the 12.50x33's on the back of the SuperBee all the way out to the street......

The Hot Rod----87 Mark VII ---- being made "Stupid fast".

The Shiny Car--90 LSC. Cobra lower, Explorer upper, Edelbrock heads, F303 cam, Stock shortblock. Twin T3 .60/.63 Turbos

Damien--1990 LSC SE. Pimpinest ride on the mutha forkin planet.

http://www.QuickTimeMotorsports.com
i imagine the summits are made by dynomax(or copies) anyways considering summit doesnt actually make anything themselves Wink
[email protected]

All I know is they have an incredible amount of backpressure!! They have BLOWN OFF twince now while under boost. WIth them off, I pick up about 4# of boost.
Quote:Pissed me off, so I lit up the 12.50x33's on the back of the SuperBee all the way out to the street......

The Shiny Car--90 LSC. Cobra lower, Explorer upper, Edelbrock heads, F303 cam, Stock shortblock. Twin T3 .60/.63 Turbos

I have one normal size Dynomax turbo ( i used the other one already) with little use,,its your free if you want it.
[email protected]

THANKS!!!

I think if I swap muff's I'm gonna go with the Hemi's. THey make SO much power, and are dead quiet. You cant go wrong with that!!! I could run a "louder" muff and you wouldnt know it on my car, it keeps things pretty quiet regardless. Even open downpipes, its not THAT loud.

perfect timing, i was looking for some mufflers for the gt350
I've used nothing but super turbos on my Marks and Mustangs for 15 years....I love them.
'89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 3950lbs [email protected]

'89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC (show queen)

49000 miles, no mods!

[email protected]

'88 Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe (winter beater)

98000 miles - K&N and a tuneup....slowly rusting out from under me!
Back when I worked for Navistar Engine Engineering, our air flow engineer (aeronautical engineer really) would invite people to bring in mufflers to go on the flow bench.
He is actually the 1 who told me that the DynoMax Turbos were THE BEST he'd ever seen, and also put the FlowMasters @ the bottom of the pile.
He flowed 2 1/4" for me when I replaced the sys. on my MK in 2000, and as a bonus, it sounded great.
Now that I'm going to 2 1/2", I expect the same results.
My Perfect 5th Vehicle Would Be A Towtruck

'90 LSC/SE, Black on Black in Black, 347", T5, springs, ground effects.

'94 F150 4X 306, B303

'70 MK III, 76 K miles, pretty but has issues

'01 Durango, the wifes grocery getter.

Previously: '66 Cont'l Coupe, '75 Town Coupe, '79 MK V, '83 MK VI, '86 Cont'l, '94 Cont'l,

'89 MK VII BB

(and I have the unused parts to prove it Wink )