Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subs?
Are subs for anything other than the annoying , thump thump to passersby? Or do they ad to rock music in you car? I didn't say hip hop or gangster for a reason.
YES, they help out alot. Make sure you get a bass knob for your amp, it allows you to control the power output of the amp, so you don't have to have the bass blasted. I like a lot of bass, for rock and rap and all that.
proud owner of a 1988 Lincoln mark VII LSC

[Image: daboss351.jpg]

Mods: KYB GR2's up front, Grabriels out back, drilled rotors, mac 2 1/2 h pipe, mac CAI, ford racing wires, NGK plugs, and Royal Purple oil. More to come!
Ty
Yes they work well for sound Q, not just for loudness. Let me explain some things:

The fundamental problem with car audio is road noise. In a home audio world, you can get away with small speakers, and still have good bass. Not to mention a moderate sized200 watt subwoofer will play louder then you would want to have it at most of the time. Yet in a typical car setup, a 200watt amp on a 8 inch sub wont provide enough volume to really make an impact in your car stereos sound when driving in busy traffic, especially with a window cracked (even more so if the sub is in the trunk). To cut to the point, If you want some good quality bass, I would suggest one good 12 inch sub in a ported box powered by A good 600watt amp. With a remote control for volume on the sub amp, you could adjust it to your liking. You would be suprised at how much better your system will sound.
My freaking eyes[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok i put subs in mine. Two 12 inch with a 600 watt amp. Initially when i listened to them they were a lot boomy. And frankly crappy sounding. After playing with the gain and frequency filter I got them so they sound nice. The Subs allow the smaller speakers to reprorduce sounds in the range at which they are more efficent. Because I now have subs, I'm not trying to reproduce the sound of a 36 inch drum with a 6 inch surface. The base sounds more natural. The other speakers are no longer being asked to reproduce such a broad range of frequencys and sound much more clear.
88 LSC Titanium cold air intake, K&N , custom interior, Blacked out chrome, Body side molding removed, Painted turbine mags, Stainless steel catback exhaust, R1 Crossd drilled and sllotted rotors, Cardone rack, Moog suspension bushings, NGK wires, Msd ignition, new brake calipers, custom leather console, Alpine subs, Alpine mono block amp, Alpine 4 channel amp, Rockport-fosgate 6x9's, Alpine type S 6 inch door speakers Stainless 3 inch exhaust tips. More to come

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nothin I love more than pulling up to red light and out bumpin some thug while playing KoRN!! lol I love thumo, and love it more with my rock!!!