Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
S/C Marauder-1 Vs. OLD POS HONDA-0
So, tonight as it would be, i took a drive out to Long Beach out on Long island. I met a buddy of mine there from the MercuryMarauder.net forum to hang out and see some cars at this local meet. There was some very nice and fast cars there as usual.

Once we were ready to leave, the MM guy said to me if i ever wanted to drive his car again (this was the one i made that video of when i drove it), it would be his pleasure to let me do so. I took him up on his offer almost without hesitation!!! We agreed to swap cars for a short journey to the Meadowbrook parkway approximatly 7 miles away (long enough to have some fun!!!).

So, behind me in my GM was Keith, and i was in the SC 'Rauder.

I pull up to the first light...What do i see next to me? An OLD (like 91 or so) Honda accord. I mean, this was a real POS! Steel wheels (tires looked kinda beefy in the front), 3 punk ass kids, and some track markings for 12.5Confusedhocked: :wtf:

"YO, YOU WERE AT THE TRACK?? IS THAT WHAT YOU RAN??"

"Yeah, it ran around low 12s"

"So, did one of your boys think it was funny and write that shit on your window? Cuz i got an 11 sec car here...Lets see what ya got!!!"

Lights, camera, ACTION!!! Light turns green, i Blip the throttle up to 30 (which takes about a second to get there). He punches it seeing my car is no joke...then FLYS BY ME!! Confusedhocked: :chin:

I SLAM THE THROTTLE!!! I was thinkin to myself, no fuckin way this kids' car is that fast!! I pull up hard on him, and continue to do so till im ahead of him by about a nose length. Approaching 80 i let off the throttle and back off (this was a busy local public road). He of course hits his hazards...:freak: I had no clue where that power came from.

My buddy who was behind me and saw the whole thing, said he heard him hit his juice. The guy musta had a 250 shot to do what he did, and some decent work under the hood. IT WAS A TOTAL SLEEPER, I NEVER SAW IT COMMING (well, besides the 12.5 markings on his rear window).

Still, of course in my mind a kill because i had him by a nose up to around 80. I will never underestimate a POS like that again. Confusedhocked:
2008 Mustang GT

Acquired 3-11-08 with 4 Miles

Best ET, 13.4 @ 105.04 Mph Almost stock!

2.1 sec 60 FT

New mods:

JLT tune/CAI

Steeda Tri-ax STS

1991 Lincoln town car

Acquired 1-22-09

1992 Lincoln town car (given to dad)

104k Acquired 8-24-08
Ask Tommy about his friends POS looking 88 or so firebird that goes 10's daily driver, I was shocked
Quote:Ask Tommy about his friends POS looking 88 or so firebird that goes 10's daily driver, I was shocked

:dead: Pinks anybody :lol: JK!
2008 Mustang GT

2.1 sec 60 FT

New mods:

JLT tune/CAI

Steeda Tri-ax STS

1991 Lincoln town car

Acquired 1-22-09

104k Acquired 8-24-08
I went through a stage in my life back in 1990 or so that I liked the sleeper look. I had a barge, a 1979 olds Delta 88 that looked like a family car. It never lost a race. only a divorce killed it.
Quote:Ask Tommy about his friends POS looking 88 or so firebird that goes 10's daily driver, I was shocked

LOL yeah. My friend Steve in Brooklyn. Has a few TTAs, too. That GTA he has is a 3.8 turbo motor that goes 10.50s. :eek:

http://www.fquick.com/TTA850
[Image: 550i-1.jpg]
Quote:IT WAS A TOTAL SLEEPER, I NEVER SAW IT COMMING

Still, of course in my mind a kill because i had him by a nose up to around 80. I will never underestimate a POS like that again. Confusedhocked:
Happened to me the other day. It was an early 90s Probe SE, or whatever the base models were? It had spinner hub caps and all. I was in my 14.2 second Mark 7and this guy jumped me like 2 whole cars.Confusedhocked: I didn't catch up until around 70 mph. by the time we hit a 100, I had him by maybe 3 cars. Suprised me! It could've been worse. I could've lost with my girl in the car.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] 88 Mark VII Equal legnth headers, off road pipe, dynomax super turbos, Typhoon intake,smog pump deleted. Lowered one inch lower than the lowest ride height. 17X9 Chrome Cobra-R rims.
Quote: Suprised me! It could've been worse. I could've lost with my girl in the car.

Aaaaahhh, that woulda sucked! The sleeper is definatly in effect lately
2008 Mustang GT

2.1 sec 60 FT

New mods:

JLT tune/CAI

Steeda Tri-ax STS

1991 Lincoln town car

Acquired 1-22-09

104k Acquired 8-24-08
Hey...where's gigglinglikeaschoolgil.mpg?
[Image: 550i-1.jpg]
Quote:Hey...where's gigglinglikeaschoolgil.mpg?

:fawk: The giggling wasnt me (partially)
2008 Mustang GT

2.1 sec 60 FT

New mods:

JLT tune/CAI

Steeda Tri-ax STS

1991 Lincoln town car

Acquired 1-22-09

104k Acquired 8-24-08
Quote::fawk: The giggling wasnt me (partially)

your face it wasnt
97 LSC - blk/blk, Sniper Tuned, 13"cobra brakes, 05+ staggered saleen wheels, hubswapped, kybs, ss shock mounts, ss brake lines, JMOD, 4.10s, eaton truetrac, 8000k hid's, spider valve v3, x pipe, 3rd cat deleted, lms muffs, air silencer delete, k&n, 160* Tstat & MUCH More.