Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leather stuff
whats the best stuff to put on the leather seats & stuff to soften um up & keep them looking good
[Image: S7300073-1.jpg]
All i use is Lexol cleaner and conditioner and it rocks. There are others that are also good. Leather requires nutrients.
97 LSC - blk/blk, Sniper Tuned, 13"cobra brakes, 05+ staggered saleen wheels, hubswapped, kybs, ss shock mounts, ss brake lines, JMOD, 4.10s, eaton truetrac, 8000k hid's, spider valve v3, x pipe, 3rd cat deleted, lms muffs, air silencer delete, k&n, 160* Tstat & MUCH More.
Do a quick search for Leather Care. Theres a huge info thread posted up by the resident moderator.

Rule of thumb for my leather seats is Lexol Cleaner followed up by Poorboy's Mat finish. When I'm feelin lazy I'll go for the 303 Aerospace protectant. The goal is to use a product with a water base (non silicone). Almost everything Meguiar's & Armor all stocks at your local parts store has silicone base.

Go to Autogeek.net and check out a few of their tutorials.
Edward's

1987 Lincoln SVPU LSC R -#001

SVPU Build Sheet

Car Domain
Lexol, Zaino, Pinnacle, many others.... all very good, for older hard leather, look into

http://www.leatherique.com

Highly regarded, but pricy.
[Image: xstorquesig.jpg]
Autogeek.net had a product that either the Porsche or Ferrari dealer recommends or provides for their leather seats. Then again it depends on just what type of leather you have. From what I've heard Saddle soap and a few other products aren't made for your kind of leather.
Edward's

SVPU Build Sheet

Car Domain
I read that if you are talking about new leather use nothing but water...... over time it stays like new.
My brother had a 92 Mark VII with low miles / original owner. I don't think the guy used hardly anything on the interior except for the occasional detail. The car looked brand new. It took me a while to remove what looked to be years and years of Armor all abuse from my Mark. The Aerosapce 303 procetant does come off with a light greasy look. The Poorboy Mat finish is great. Until you touch the seats you can never see any greasy spots.

I'd recommend using a bucket of soapy water / light soap then Lexol Leather Cleaner using a microfiber applicator pad. It was suprising to see just how filthy the car was.
Edward's

SVPU Build Sheet

Car Domain
Neatsfoot oil.

I have spent a bunch of money on the stuff mentioned but for dry leather neatsfoot worked the best for me.
Drivin' fast makes me feel good, the speed of light trapped under my hood. :headbang:

Floats like a Cadillac...Stings like a Beemer!