Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Performance Suspension/Mounts/Interchange/Part #'s/Refrence List & Add. Information..
Here is The List i have compiled from various threads, sites, posts, and research, thanks is given below to whos quotes, replies, and information was used.

Part Number Reference

Vehicle Specific Aftermarket Suspension and OE Racks and Bushings
Ball Joints: MOOG~ #K8471
Outer tie rods: MOOG~ #ES2772RL
Inner tie rods: MOOG~ #EV117
FLCA Bushings: MOOG~ #K8495
RUCA Bushings-Rubber: MOOG~ #K8637
Front SwayBar Frame Mounts w/ .968" Bar: MOOG~#K8393
Front SwayBar Frame Mounts w/ 1.125" Bar: MOOG~#K8399
Front SwayBar Frame Mounts w/ 1.310" Bar: MOOG~#K80097
Front SwayBar Link Kit: (Std. Design): TRW~ #18070
Front SwayBar Link Kit: (H.D. Design): TRW~ #18200HD
Front SwayBar Link Kit: MOOG~ #K8265
Front SwayBar Link Kit HD: MOOG~ #K8987
Rear SwayBar Link Kit HD: MOOG~ #K3124
Rack bushings: MOOG~ # K8422
A1 Cardone Rack (w/ handling package) #22-207
Monroe Sensatrac Front: #71756
Monroe Sensatrac Rear: #5861
Kyb Gr-2 Front: #235008
Kyb Gr-2 Rear: #343162
Kyb Gas-a-Just: #KG5556
MotorSports Rack and Pinion (w/o handling package)
OE # E9LZ-3504-ACRM
FMS # STG-12RM ^ -------- same rack, just different #'s
Genuine Ford Rack and Pinion For both packages: 84-92 Mark Vii's

Energy Suspension
when ordering from summit add "ENS-" as the prefix and "G" or "R" as the suffix for Black or Red bushings
when ordering from jegs add "355-" as the prefix and "G" or "R" as the suffix for Black or Red bushings

Front LCA Bushings #4-3123
Front control arm bushings and sleeves #4.3144
Quote:. I have a set and have measured them against the factory bushings (outer shell ODs) and they are within five thousandths of an inch of each other. Since all of these are press fit this is within accepted tolerances. This part number includes four outer shells, four urethane bushings and four inner sleeves. ES tells me that these are the same parts that they hand fitted a few years back to the set of arms now on "Old Blue". Just press out the old bushings (no burning necessary) and press in the new shells. Everything else is assembled by hand.
W. V. Kelly
Rear UCA Bushings ONLY #4-3129
Rear LCA and UCA KIT #4-3115
Strut Tower Set #4-7114
Frame bushings part #4-5101 (OE style TC)
Endlinks part# 9-8121 (4-1/2" sleeve length)
Swaybar endlink bushings 9.8105GC
Rack and pinion bushings# 4.10103
Strut rod bushing set (needs to be used with rebuildable strut mounts)# 4.7114

Summit, steeda, and others also offer poly bushings, use the above numbers for cross refrence or the below vehicle interchange for application.

Strut Mounts: Aftermarket & Cast/Camber
Monroe #901971
MOOG #K8640
Kyb #SM5054
Maximum Motorsports #MMCC8388 '84-88 Mark VII /Add "-C" for chrome
Additional Information
MM only specifies 1984-88 Lincoln Mark VII (89-92 seem to fit also)
Also fits 83-88 T-Bird

Koni Struts

Special Thanks to: ND4SPDLSC.

Koni Struts ARE Available!
Good news! Koni still offers struts and shocks for SVO Mustangs. Therefore, you can get Koni Specials for your 1982-1983 Continental. I didn't ask about the '85-'86, but if they still have the '84s, they should logically have the others as only the valving would have changed. The valving was softened for '85-'86.

I just got a call back from

PERFORMANCE AUTOMOTIVE
Phone: (860)633-7868
1696 NEW LONDON TURNPIKE
GLASTONBURY, CT 06033.

They asked me not to share the exact price, but it is significantly cheaper than the $250 each list price. You'll still be spending over $200 total though. I also asked about a group buy, but the price they quoted was as low as they go. If you've been waiting for struts, this is your chance.

With special bolts (Ford P/N F4ZZ 3B440 A) or slight elongation of the mount holes, these struts can be used on a Mark VII. (EDIT: I have tried the bolts and they cannot be used to increase camber. Eccentric stut mount bolts should be used instead if caster/camber plates are not used. Steeda and others have these bolts available.) The '84 SVO struts match the Koni valving for the Mark VII but the travel is longer by a negligible 1/8". The top strut mount hole has to be elongated by about 3/16" inward. I have read in William R. Mathis' Mustang Performance Handbook II that elongating both holes in a Mustang .250" benefits strut action. I do not know if this translates to the Continental/SVO/Mark VII front suspension as well. Moving the strut out may cause interferance with wide tires and wheels. I do not know if Koni used different valving on GTC struts, but I bet Roush specified something stiffer if the front springs were more than twice as stiff in some sections of travel.

Bilstein

Special Thanks to: ND4SPDLSC.

The Bilstein P/N for shocks off a Thunderbird that will fit the Mark are: F4-B46-1041-H0 They are in an HD application so they will be firmer than the Motorcraft shock. List Price is about $120 a shock. I have not tried them yet, but I'd like to for laughs. They come with a lifetime warranty like any other high end damper and can be custom valved.

Subframe Connectors
MM #MMFL-4B Add "-C" for chrome
SVPU
Griggs #TFK 1000 L
DISNEY LINCOLN @ FVC-Send PM
Additional Information:
Svpu-Although designed for the Mark VII, they will also work perfectly on any 1983-88 Thunderbird. They have 4 different attaching points(3 for the Thunderbird) and completely connect the front and rear subframes

Front Control Arms
SVPU
Additional Information:
GTC Marks had conical shaped lower FRONT spring perches (not square like an LSC) up front to increase spring rate as body roll increased.

Rear Control Arms
Lower / HPM
Lower / SVPU
Upper/ Griggs Racing
Adjustable Upper @ Svpu
Custom Adjustable Upper / METCO Motorsports Solutions / (864) 332-5929 (found in the archives, from 2002..)
All you have to do is measure your stock control arms from bolt center to bolt center, and he will build them to that specification.

Note: For RUBBER RUCA bushings, you must take off arms from a Mustang or new arms from Ford, which will have the stiffer rubber from Special Service Mustangs and have them installed in your arms. So far, only poly is avaiable in the aftermarket.

Additional Information:
Lincoln lower control arms are 3/8" longer than 79-04 mustang arms, they interchange with no probems when going to coils. the uppers are way longer on the Linc and won't work off any year Mustang.
The upper arms are 1" longer than Mustang. Which can be extended to fit the Mark.

Motor and Transmission Mounts
Anchor Motor Mount #2725
Energy Suspension Motor Mounts #4-1122
Energy Suspension Motor and Trans Mount Kit #4-1124 (trans mount will not fit, unless modified or used with mustang xmember.
when ordering from summit add "ENS-" as the prefix and "G" or "R" as the suffix for Black or Red bushings
SVPU Limted time Exclusive. SEE [URL="http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/showthread.php?p=729654#post729654"]thread,[/URL] as of Feb. 2, 2006. Get them while you can.

Panhard Bar
Kenny Brown Performance
Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar #MMPBA (add "2" for Polished Aluminum)
Additional Information:
Maximum Motorsports claims, a Dynomax exhaust fit with their panhard bar in a 2.5" or 2.25"...although the information you read is for a Mustang, they don’t make one specific to the Mark and there are some differences between the two, first the Mustangs have coil spring - we have air springs (we require more clearance there). The biggest difference is the gas tank the Mark VII has a 22 gallon tank and the Mustang has a 15 ½ gallon tank, the size of Mark’s puts it much closer to the axle causing the clearance problem.
The only problem BigDon found is: "I can’t run the exhaust out the back, the passenger side has a clearance problem with the cross bracing and the gas tank the guy at the muffler shop said maybe he could fit 2” pipe over the axle on that side."

Front Strut Tower Brace
'86-'93 EFI Mustangs

Rear Shock Tower Brace
Kenny Brown Performance
Still waiting on additional Information

SwayBars: Stock, Upgrades, & Aftermarket

Front:
Swaybar Sleeve:
Stock: 0.958" Diamater
Stock LSC: 1.125"
Addco# 504G - 1.250"
'87-'88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe: 1.310"
'87-'88 Cougar Xr-7 Front Sway: 1.310"

Rear:
Swaybar End Link Sleeve: 6"
Stock: 0.630"
Stock LSC: 0.669"
'87-'88 Thunderbird Turbocoupe: 0.787"
Addco Bar: 0.870" #415U

Additional Information:
Note: I received the correct sway bar frame bushings and endlink gromets with
washers in my package. Inside the package was a note listing the hardware that
accompanies the bar with a stamp stating: "Revision Jun 23, 2003" Addco has finally
changed the supplied hardware to the correct bushings and grommets!

I suggest you also replace the rear endlinks bolts, sleeves, and nuts, but use the
endlink grommets that come in the Addco package. When ordering the rear endlinks,
make sure you order the heavy-duty option, as the non heavy-duty endlinks ended up
being too short. The correct rear endlink sleeves measured 5-3/4".

One other tip: if the bolts that hold the sway bar brackets up are rusty and nasty looking like mine were, I suggest you replace them with new ones. I went down to the local hardware store and picked up 4 grade 8 bolts (size 3/8"x1-1/2") with appropriate (8)washers and (4) nuts (also grade 8). Made life much easier to screw those new bolts/nuts together, rather than trying to reuse those nasty, rusty, originals.

Vehicle Interchange
-Front LCA Bushings - 87-88 Thunderbird
-Rear LCA Bushings - 89-93 Mustang w/ Oval Front bushings
-Front Sway Bar - 87-88 TC/ 87-88 XR-7
-McPherson Strut Tower Set - 83-01 Mustang
-Rack and pinion bushings - 10/1984-02 Stang
-Motor Mounts: Same as Conv. Stang
-SVO/'82-'83 Front, lower control arms fit, but will need new spring seats if the air suspension is kept. They are tubular and thus lighter than their stamped steel counter parts. They may also be stiffer.

LINCS

MARK VII REAR CONTROL ARM BUSHINGS Submitted by macx @LoL /10-20-02

Performance shocks and struts by ejdavid

"True" Coil Conversion (MK7) By Jason Nance

DIY UPPER CONTROL ARM BUSHING REPLACEMENT Submitted by macx @LoL /08-18-04

{if any part number are found to be incorrect, Let me know}

Special Thanks to LoL Members pro-five-oh, Macx, 90Lsc, Nick/Nd4SpdLSC and FVC members LSC Chef, SilverFox, j lah, Calvert92LSC, LSCR351, BigDon, jsev22, ejdavid, Icarus, Michael VII LSC/SE, humpless lincoln, tnmotorsports.com and also LSCman, Fast Ed, and bigblock2, who actually fitted '84 SVO struts to his '92 Mark VII, for providing technical knowledge. and the others that follow.

LINK TO LoL RESPONSES
97 LSC - blk/blk, Sniper Tuned, 13"cobra brakes, 05+ staggered saleen wheels, hubswapped, kybs, ss shock mounts, ss brake lines, JMOD, 4.10s, eaton truetrac, 8000k hid's, spider valve v3, x pipe, 3rd cat deleted, lms muffs, air silencer delete, k&n, 160* Tstat & MUCH More.
I do have some questions that would assist in this list and make a damn good compiling of informations and a badass set up on our supposably "n/a" cars.. by the "performance companies".

Steeda vs. Es vs w/e else there is, any difference/preference?

[B]I read somewhere i should retain rubber bushings in the rca to axle bushings, so nothing breaks from hard launches....
:ugh: WHAT SETUP IS RECOMMENDED/ DOES BAD SHIT REALLY HAPPEN IF ALL POLY?

if anyone else has anything similar, additional information, part numbers, or something i missed, feel free to jump in or pm me... i will in turn post that information in the above list as well.

All other findings/missed info/pointers of installation/things that were a pita/recommended install tips/ w/e, anything/ i'm sure would be appreciated to others that view this thread down the road.

This is being done so future mark vii obsessors do not have to research and interchange multiple places, to get parts.

Thanks in advance,
Justin
97 LSC - blk/blk, Sniper Tuned, 13"cobra brakes, 05+ staggered saleen wheels, hubswapped, kybs, ss shock mounts, ss brake lines, JMOD, 4.10s, eaton truetrac, 8000k hid's, spider valve v3, x pipe, 3rd cat deleted, lms muffs, air silencer delete, k&n, 160* Tstat & MUCH More.
Awesome resource!

Maximum Motorsport caster/camber plate # is good through '92?
What about rear lower control arms?
M/M panhard bar?
[COLOR="Navy"]THE GT7[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks, i figured if i'm going through the hassle of gathering all of this shit, f' it, i'll post it :yes:

What is the application for the panhard? I did a search and came up with gtc's and custom fabs?.. i'd assume a t-bird/stang or something would bolt up, but i'm guessing not?

I do have LCA listed, i didnt get into detail yet, anything else i should add?
Where'd all you old school gangsta mother fuckers with teh suspension knowledge go

?

Maybe i'm just the only one that cares to condense all this usefull info and other shit into one place? :ugh:

:zzz:

Fuckers Confusedtickpoke:
Quote:Where'd all you old school gangsta mother fuckers with teh suspension knowledge go

Well, I'm not one to know exactly, that's why I'm following along Big Grin I'm sure amongst us we could get a good list of known options available!
'89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC 3950lbs [email protected]

'89 Lincoln Mark VII LSC (show queen)

49000 miles, no mods!

[email protected]

'88 Ford Thunderbird Turbocoupe (winter beater)

98000 miles - K&N and a tuneup....slowly rusting out from under me!
I have the Maximum Motorsports panhard bar in my Lincoln, it fits like it was designed for the Mark VII.
It’s also hard to believe what a difference it’s made. The steering is so much more responsive I almost hit a parked car during the test drive and now I don’t have to continue making steering inputs to overcome the back of the car moving around enough to make steering inputs of it’s own.
The only problem I found is I can’t run the exhaust out the back, the passenger side has a clearance problem with the cross bracing and the gas tank the guy at the muffler shop said maybe he could fit 2” pipe over the axle on that side.
Don
1988 LSC

G-Force KDWS T/A's (255/45ZR17-front/275-40ZR17-rear) on Cobra "R's", 4.10 Trac-lock, "MASS AIR" conversion, 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm bullet, 24# Injectors, Cobra intake, jet-hot coated 1 5/8" shorty headers, E-303 cam, Harland Sharp 1.6:1 roller rockers, Isky valve springs, Windsor Jr. 180 heads 1.94int. 1.60ex., Bassani 2 1/2" X-Pipe, Mark VIII fan and Delta Control module, Accel Coil, G3 Alt, TC front & Addco 7/8" rear sway bar, Maximum Motorsports CC plates and Panhard bar, HP Motorsports rear lower control arms, SN95 spindles w/ 13" Cobra Brakes, Bilstein struts and shocks, 3.5" Aluminum drive shaft, T5X 5-speed, Tri-Ax shifter, King cobra clutch, Pistol Grip Shifter

1996 Mark VIII LSC

White Opalescent, Bone stock, Daily Driver
Don, I thought M/M claimed a Dynomax exhaust fit with their panhard bar in a 2.5" or 2.25".
1989 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, Light Titanium Pearl

1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, Medium Graphite

1985 Lincoln Continental, Burgundy

2001 BMW 540i/6, Jet Black

FIRST Robotics

LincolnsOnline: Nick
Quote: I thought M/M claimed a Dynomax exhaust fit with their panhard bar in a 2.5" or 2.25".
I believe them, but it’s installed in an LSC not a Mustang.

The information you read is for a Mustang, they don’t make one specific to the Mark and there are some differences between the two, first the Mustangs have coil spring - we have air springs (we require more clearance there). The biggest difference is the gas tank the Mark VII has a 22 gallon tank and the Mustang has a 15 ½ gallon tank, the size of Mark’s puts it much closer to the axle causing the clearance problem.

Hope that information helped.
Don
1988 LSC

G-Force KDWS T/A's (255/45ZR17-front/275-40ZR17-rear) on Cobra "R's", 4.10 Trac-lock, "MASS AIR" conversion, 65mm TB, Pro-M 75mm bullet, 24# Injectors, Cobra intake, jet-hot coated 1 5/8" shorty headers, E-303 cam, Harland Sharp 1.6:1 roller rockers, Isky valve springs, Windsor Jr. 180 heads 1.94int. 1.60ex., Bassani 2 1/2" X-Pipe, Mark VIII fan and Delta Control module, Accel Coil, G3 Alt, TC front & Addco 7/8" rear sway bar, Maximum Motorsports CC plates and Panhard bar, HP Motorsports rear lower control arms, SN95 spindles w/ 13" Cobra Brakes, Bilstein struts and shocks, 3.5" Aluminum drive shaft, T5X 5-speed, Tri-Ax shifter, King cobra clutch, Pistol Grip Shifter

1996 Mark VIII LSC

White Opalescent, Bone stock, Daily Driver
Ahhhh, i forgot about the difference in gas tank size. That would eplain a lot. Have you noticed any difference in terms of ride, noise, vibration, or harshness? Did you install it or get it installed? Are you still using rubber bushings?

1986 Lincoln Mark VII LSC, Medium Graphite

1985 Lincoln Continental, Burgundy

2001 BMW 540i/6, Jet Black

FIRST Robotics

LincolnsOnline: Nick