Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stock Mark VIII LSC vs. slightly modded GTP
So last night I got to run with my buddy's GTP on a country road. He's been wanting to run me for a while now, but since my black Mark VIII won't be on the road again for a couple months, we decided to run his GTP against my parents stock 96 Mark VIII LSC, which is noticeably slower than my black one.

Anyway, we went out on a 2-lane country road with no traffic and ran them- I got the launch in the Mark VIII, but he passed me quick and got about a 1 1/2 car length lead, but couldnt take anymore. Then we just stayed dead even until he pulled in front of me and hit the brakes sometime before 100 and ended the race.

I found out later, he's got pulleys and a chip... overall it was a pretty close race though. Alot of fun.
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas, champagne with cream interior.

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII, black with black leather interior, air silencer+resonator removal, K&N filter panel, Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust system, Cross-drilled and slotted rotors, custom driving lights, Kenwood CD player with Infinity 6x8's and 2 Infinity 12's powered by a Sony amp.

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV, 460 V-8, C6 Transmission, slightly customized, more to come

1994 Honda Accord, JDM H22A DOHC VTEC motor swap, Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, titanium valvetrain, flat top pistons, CAI, Dyno'ed 211 hp to the wheels, quick little rice-burner I bought cause it was cheap
i'm kinda surprised a GTP took a LSC, but i suppose with pulleys and chip that makes sense. GTP's got a ton of power off the line Smile

good race, now we gotta see it race a 1st gen SHO from a roll :P
Pullies...plural? Or a smaller supercharger pulley? If he only has the smaller pulley and no supporting mods to go with it he's asking for trouble, and the knock-retard is probably killing performance. In stock, or close to stock trim, the GTP and VIII should be pretty even.
2005 LS V8: Intake, exhaust, tune, tint, 18" Ultraleggeras.

(SOLD 07/09) 1992 Mark VII LSC SE: FR500's, KYB's, Kenny Brown C/C plates, subframe connectors, 4.10's, 190lph fuel pump, smog delete, U/D pulleys
Yup. GTPs are high 14 second cars.
[Image: 550i-1.jpg]
The race was pretty even. If he hadn't got that surge in first gear, I would've beat him because the Mark VIII got him off the line (we launched at the same time- our reaction times were pretty much even, but the Mark VIII pulled a fender before he got a length and a half on me real quick), but after his power surge, we were dead even. I know I wasn't losing any more ground, and if I was gaining any, it was too small to tell. And like I said, I dont know what kind of speed we were making, but I know we never broke 100 because I had the O/D turned off and I never shifted into 3rd (3rd starts at around 105 in my car, and about 95 in the Mark VIII I was in last night). And I'm not sure if he said pulley or pulleys, he didn't really go into it, but he did say what he'd done had made a big difference performancewise and he also said considering how close the race was, if he had been stock, I would've taken him.

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII, black with black leather interior, air silencer+resonator removal, K&N filter panel, Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust system, Cross-drilled and slotted rotors, custom driving lights, Kenwood CD player with Infinity 6x8's and 2 Infinity 12's powered by a Sony amp.

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV, 460 V-8, C6 Transmission, slightly customized, more to come

1994 Honda Accord, JDM H22A DOHC VTEC motor swap, Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, titanium valvetrain, flat top pistons, CAI, Dyno'ed 211 hp to the wheels, quick little rice-burner I bought cause it was cheap
i've always heard 14.9-15.1 for stock GTP's. I've heard 14.5-14.8 for stock LSC's.

the 14.9-15.1 GTP times i believe are fairly accurate because SHO guys love to race them and that's what a 1st gen SHO runs, i dont know aobut LSC's though
Quote:i've always heard 14.9-15.1 for stock GTP's. I've heard 14.5-14.8 for stock LSC's.

the 14.9-15.1 GTP times i believe are fairly accurate because SHO guys love to race them and that's what a 1st gen SHO runs, i dont know aobut LSC's though

You're GTP times are on par...the VIII's run just about identical, though. Hop over to LvC and they'll swear that a stock VIII runs mid 14's, but it just ain't happenin'. :dunce:
2005 LS V8: Intake, exhaust, tune, tint, 18" Ultraleggeras.

(SOLD 07/09) 1992 Mark VII LSC SE: FR500's, KYB's, Kenny Brown C/C plates, subframe connectors, 4.10's, 190lph fuel pump, smog delete, U/D pulleys
Oh and Matt (the guy I raced) just posted the video (taken from his GTP), so instead of me telling you about the race, why dont you just check it out for yourselves? Cool

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...2037433184

Mine isnt an LSC and the 03 GTP I raced held me off at 1 1/2 the whole time, eventually I would have passed it because his chips at 120 and i dont quit till 130 something.
I found out tonight he's got "exhaust work" too, but I don't know what exactly. Either way, it was a good race. I'm going to run him again once I get my black Mark VIII out on the road.