Poll: What type of box do you want?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Sealed box for 10\\\\\\\" subs
100.00%
10 100.00%
Sealed box for 12 inch sub
0%
0 0%
Ported for 10s
0%
0 0%
Ported for 12s
0%
0 0%
Some other combo
0%
0 0%
I don't have the money to pay for a sub box, but I am interested
0%
0 0%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom MK7 sub boxes
Ok tell me what you want to see. Ask any questions you might want to.
My freaking eyes[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
how much and what materials? also would it go on the ledge in the back or take up the trunk?
if on the ledge and a decent price i would like a dual 10" sealed box for the ledge.
thanks
creation
i would also like a false front if possible
87 MkVII- KYB GR2 shocks/struts,turbocoupe and addco rear, 3g conversion, magnaflows, custom 2-1/4 tailpipes with tips, 35% tint and limo on quarter glass, custom stereo...more to come

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ok... 3 ten inch subs in a box that will fit under the parcel shelf in the trunk. I would like the box, and any false front you would have to make to take up that entire space with room for the hinges to go in and out. A price...? ya know what....if u wanna build it, shoot my your price. If its not too crazy u gotta deal. I'm gonna have the thing covered in black leather so it doesn't need to be carpeted. If u wanna gimme an est. on the leather that's ok too. I'm planning on doing Rockfort subs.
88 LSC Titanium cold air intake, K&N , custom interior, Blacked out chrome, Body side molding removed, Painted turbine mags, Stainless steel catback exhaust, R1 Crossd drilled and sllotted rotors, Cardone rack, Moog suspension bushings, NGK wires, Msd ignition, new brake calipers, custom leather console, Alpine subs, Alpine mono block amp, Alpine 4 channel amp, Rockport-fosgate 6x9's, Alpine type S 6 inch door speakers Stainless 3 inch exhaust tips. More to come

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
You will need to raise the 6x9's in the rear shelf to fit an enclosure in there. I'm still planning out my 4th order vented through the rear deck. I have a world champion DB Drag Racing winner (Greg Perchal) assiting me with it. Big Grin
----------------------------------------

88 Bill Blass

2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers.

92 LSC SE

Magnaflow Mufflers and 2 cat H-pipe, MAC Cold Air Induction, MSD 6AL Ignition, T/C Front Sway Bar, Addco #415G Rear.

http://www.westcoastlincolns.net

[Image: 1219234537.png]
Quote:You will need to raise the 6x9's in the rear shelf to fit an enclosure in there
Not if the box is engineered to fit

I would be looking at building the box so that it fits almost tight against the rear seat. As far as a "false front" do you mean something that runs from left to right, that would hide the subs? I don't think I would be willing to make something like that without installing it myself. Thoes things car really hurt sound quality, they can rattle, and many other things.

As far as prices go, its looking like a sealed box for 2 12s is going to run 120 to 135$ for a unfinished box. It will fit the trunk better then any off the shelf box will. Standard materials will likely be 3/4 mdf with some mild internal bracing. If you have something like some JL W7s, then you will pay more. Reason being I will have to step up the strength by a whole hell of a lot.

At this point I want to stick to only a few combos. What I am really thinking of doing is making a 2 12" sub box in ported and sealed. If I do other weird combos, its going to take a lot of time to re-engineer the design. I can certainly do anything, but the labor time is what kills me. I think my plan will be build 1 sealed and 1 ported box, and post pics. See what people think, and build them on a as ordered basis. Only then will I really know what my cost will be for sure.
We have a strict policy with our company against sealed boxes. You will get WAY more output and efficiency out of a vented box, use these for maximum spl

[Image: ports.jpg]

As far as calculating how long the port needs to be use this calculator

http://www.psp-inc.com/psp-inc.com/publi...ulator.cgi

I do not recommend porting a box through the rear deck unless you are making a 4th order bandpass. If you MUST port through the rear deck do not face the subs backwards, doing this will essentially turn the entire trunk into a sealed portion of a bandpass and you will fight cancellation. Instead, face the subs forward and make sure the front of the subs are COMPLETELY isolated from the trunk and your ports are secure and sealed into the rear deck. I've learned quite a bit from my boss, Team Toxik knows how to build enclosure for SPL. hehe
----------------------------------------

88 Bill Blass

2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers.

92 LSC SE

Magnaflow Mufflers and 2 cat H-pipe, MAC Cold Air Induction, MSD 6AL Ignition, T/C Front Sway Bar, Addco #415G Rear.

http://www.westcoastlincolns.net

[Image: 1219234537.png]
You can get massive output from a sealed box. It just takes a lot of power and the right subs. Not to mention some subs have to run in sealed boxes due to their design. All things being equal I rather have a ported box.