Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heated seat switch flickering in Marauder
Figured I'd throw this up here in case anyone has experience with working inside the door panels of recent Panther Fords (CV, GM, Marauder). My heated seat switch on the driver's side is flickering like mad, and irritating the hell out of me as I catch the flickering in my peripheral vision. Several threads about it over on MM.net, but most folks had it replaced under warranty, and the warranty is gone on my '03.

So basically I need to replace this switch. I know several folks on here have/had Grand Marquis or Crown Vics...has anyone taken off the inner door panel? Easy/hard/instructions? I know it's kind of a PITA on the Mark VIII, hopefully it's not so bad on the MM...

(I have a post on MM.net too, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask here...)
2003 Mercury Marauder

Silver Birch/Light Flint, 61K

[Image: Marauder_Small2.jpg]

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

June 1996 - October 12, 2006...R.I.P.Cry

[Image: LincolnMarkVIII96.1_320.jpg]

1979 Chevy Malibu

174K, mostly original

"The Project" (that never seems to get started)
Not quite sure on the Merc, but on the Crown Vic it is really simple. There is a plastic cover over a T-25 Torx that holds the inner handle asembly onto the door. Then there are two 7mm bolts thru the bottom of the pannel to the door and one 7mm going thru the back of the pannel towards the rear of the door. Then pry up the front of the window switch pannel and lift it out of the way, remove the connectors and the switch assemb;y as a whole. There is one last 7mm bolt under the switch asembly that is at an angle. After removing this last bolt you should be able to grab the door handle and lift the pannel straight up and free of the door.

Like I said, I am not sure if it is the same for the Merc, but maybe it is a starting point.
If you're gonna build it, make it fast!

[Image: 1fast79_banner.gif]
I believe i have read that the switch must be replaced on MMnet.
2008 Mustang GT

Acquired 3-11-08 with 4 Miles

Best ET, 13.4 @ 105.04 Mph Almost stock!

2.1 sec 60 FT

New mods:

JLT tune/CAI

Steeda Tri-ax STS

1991 Lincoln town car

Acquired 1-22-09

1992 Lincoln town car (given to dad)

104k Acquired 8-24-08
Quote:I believe i have read that the switch must be replaced on MMnet.

Quote:So basically I need to replace this switch. I know several folks on here have/had Grand Marquis or Crown Vics...has anyone taken off the inner door panel? Easy/hard/instructions? I know it's kind of a PITA on the Mark VIII, hopefully it's not so bad on the MM...

Hence the reason he asked about taking the door panel off to replace the switch. Tongue
[Image: Sig15.jpg]

1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC | 1985 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 | 1995 Ford Mustang GT | 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel | 2003 Ford Focus SVT