Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mark 7 vs 03 jetta vr6
I finally raced my friends jetta vr6...jettas racing engine i guess....he thought he was gonna win....I told him I was gonna smoke him..we raced from a stop to about 100...I had him off the line never looked back
Good kill! :cheers: From what I understand (and I'll go ahead and say, I dont know much about V-dubs), the VR6's are pretty mean. Just last night there was a guy out at the local hangout with a VR6 Jetta that looked pretty badass. I might end up running him in the VIII one of these nights just to see what he's got.
1996 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas, champagne with cream interior.

1993 Lincoln Mark VIII, black with black leather interior, air silencer+resonator removal, K&N filter panel, Flowmaster Super 40 exhaust system, Cross-drilled and slotted rotors, custom driving lights, Kenwood CD player with Infinity 6x8's and 2 Infinity 12's powered by a Sony amp.

1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV, 460 V-8, C6 Transmission, slightly customized, more to come

1994 Honda Accord, JDM H22A DOHC VTEC motor swap, Skunk2 Stage 2 cams, titanium valvetrain, flat top pistons, CAI, Dyno'ed 211 hp to the wheels, quick little rice-burner I bought cause it was cheap
Quote:Good kill! :cheers: From what I understand (and I'll go ahead and say, I dont know much about V-dubs), the VR6's are pretty mean. Just last night there was a guy out at the local hangout with a VR6 Jetta that looked pretty badass. I might end up running him in the VIII one of these nights just to see what he's got.
I pulled on a friends '01 VR6 GTI with my VIII. They're quick, but the VIII had the top end pull.
[Image: Sig15.jpg]

1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC | 1985 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 | 1995 Ford Mustang GT | 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel | 2003 Ford Focus SVT
yea..ive driven it many times..it feels quicker...i dunno the automatic definately kills it in his car though...shifts are so slow...the stick gti's with a good driver can break 14s from what i hear
Quote:Good kill! :cheers: From what I understand (and I'll go ahead and say, I dont know much about V-dubs), the VR6's are pretty mean. Just last night there was a guy out at the local hangout with a VR6 Jetta that looked pretty badass. I might end up running him in the VIII one of these nights just to see what he's got.

1.8T is meaner when modded.

vr-6 has some revs to it though. they have some turbo kits for them that put them over 400 hp to the tires.

the R32 (VW) is a cool car as well.

funny how i still prefer a nice mark over them any day.
[URL="http://forcedinduction.net"]ForcedInduction.net[/URL] - [SIZE="1"]Custom Turbo Kits & Accessories[/SIZE]

[URL="http://turbo6666.com"]Turbo6666.com[/URL] - [SIZE="1"]New Modular Ford Site[/SIZE]

2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe - For Sale $20K

2001 Tundra SR5 - Dependable Daily

[SIZE="1"]Empty drums make the most noise![/SIZE]