Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Charger vs. Cobra
#11
Quote:What's the horsepower rating on the SRT-8?


425hp, they aren't really fast because of a bad rear gear ratio and they're heavy. Car and Driver rates it at 13.7 in the 1/4
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17





Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.



Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Reply
#12
Eh, once I get my supercharger on, I won't have to worry about it.Cool
2001 yeller Cobra, Ford GT fuel pumps, 80lb injectors, Bassani X-pipe, Borla Stingers, 323 Big Bore Stroker, T-56, Procharger F1A
Reply
#13
Quote:Eh, once I get my supercharger on, I won't have to worry about it.Cool


Hot Rod took a 5.7 MPI crate engine and it put out a baseline of 376hp. They added a Comp Cam and TTI headers and it put out 481hp. They reworked the heads, added a blower and got 700hp. Confusedhocked:
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17





Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.



Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Reply
#14
Quote:I bet the 00 firebird would pull bus lengths on it out of the hole.
+1
[SIZE="1"]2001 Mustang GT Mineral Grey

Mods:

PERFORMANCE

-3.73 Gears (Ford Racing)

-JBA Headers

-Magnaflow Cat-Back

-K & N FIPK

-SCT Tuner

-MGW Shifter

-99 Cobra Brakes (Front)

-Russell Braided Brake Lines (Front)

LOOKS

-Eibach Sportline Springs

-17x9 Saleen Wheels (Chrome)

-12" Racing Stripes (Mocha Black Metallica)

OTHER

-Full Aftermarket Stereo System



13.793 @ 100.97mph

[Image: Mineral.jpg]

248 rwhp 290 rwtq[/SIZE]
Reply
#15
Quote:Hot Rod took a 5.7 MPI crate engine and it put out a baseline of 376hp. They added a Comp Cam and TTI headers and it put out 481hp. They reworked the heads, added a blower and got 700hp. Confusedhocked:

Do you have a link to the article?
2001 yeller Cobra, Ford GT fuel pumps, 80lb injectors, Bassani X-pipe, Borla Stingers, 323 Big Bore Stroker, T-56, Procharger F1A
Reply
#16
November 2006 issue
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17





Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.



Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Reply
#17
i wish dodge would put better rear ends in the magnums/ chargers..what the hell are they doing?
Reply
#18
Quote:i wish dodge would put better rear ends in the magnums/ chargers..what the hell are they doing?


Fuel mileage and making the EPA happy. Also, it's easier to control a rwd car in bad weather with the taller gears, the traction control and stability control.

Trust me, they're still plenty fun to slide around corners. I had to take a professor back to DePauw one day and I drifted the shit out of a 300C on DePauw's campus
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17





Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.



Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Reply
#19
srt/8's are slow.. they put like 360 max to the ground.

i'd rather have an 01 cobra n/a all day long vs. the dodge.

i get tons of those srt/8 cars and the jeeps try to race my 03 here in dallas. one had spray and i still pulled it bad with my little 281Cool

they even try to "out launch" the stealth when i take it out Confusedlap: .. lol ..
[URL="http://forcedinduction.net"]ForcedInduction.net[/URL] - [SIZE="1"]Custom Turbo Kits & Accessories[/SIZE]

[URL="http://turbo6666.com"]Turbo6666.com[/URL] - [SIZE="1"]New Modular Ford Site[/SIZE]



2003 Zinc Yellow Cobra Coupe - For Sale $20K

2001 Tundra SR5 - Dependable Daily



[SIZE="1"]Empty drums make the most noise![/SIZE]
Reply
#20
Quote:srt/8's are slow.. they put like 360 max to the ground.

i'd rather have an 01 cobra n/a all day long vs. the dodge.

i get tons of those srt/8 cars and the jeeps try to race my 03 here in dallas. one had spray and i still pulled it bad with my little 281Cool

they even try to "out launch" the stealth when i take it out Confusedlap: .. lol ..


As soon as the aftermarket figures out a way to reflash the PCM to allow for better gearing the SRT8s are going to be really nasty. BTW, the SRT8s weren't made to be race cars. They were made to have a really, really nice sedan with a serious amount of balls. When a car weighs over 4000lbs and it will beat 90% of the vehicles on the road in a drag then you know it isn't too shabby. Not to mention that the 300 SRT8s look absolutely amazing IMO.
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17





Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.



Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)