Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark 7 system..haha
Anyone else got some system in thier mark...haha I only have one becuase all my speakers were dryrotted and I wanted a cd player....But I bought all new polk audio speakers, panasonic head unit, and the attatched pic of the kenwood amp and infinity subs...it sounds nice...the mark doesnt seem to rattle like other cars with subs..
4 RF punch HE2s 2 501 s amps bridged, 2 subs in ported box, 2 in sealed part of box, custom built, pioneer 12 disc changer, pioneer AVH-P5700 DVD. pioneer 4 way 6x9 speakers in the rear with a small JBL speaker amp for the front and rears, the front were 5 inch pioneer 3 ways.....deleted almost all factory wiring and rewired the whole thing. greatest stereo I had, I am using the components in my 99 cobra now.
2003 SVT cobra 10th anniversary coupe. 2.8 pulley, LFP dual pass HE, 3.73 gears, auburn posi, cross drilled and slotted rotors, mgw shifter, JLT CAI, Fiore Clutch accessories. stock clutch. MAC 2.5 inch catless H pipe, MAC 3 inch catback. Tuned by Tony G at HP Performance. 487 RWHP and 509 RWTQ

1989 lincoln mark vii LSC kenne bell 2.2 L blowzilla @ 10 PSI w/ P&P GT 40 lower intake, MSD 6al, flexalite 175, 73mm C&L MAF conversion with A9L, 38 lb injectors, holley AFPR, 255 LPH pump, eliminator scoop, PA performance 200 amp alt, TCI Streetfighter AOD, flowtech headers, 2.5 inch catless H pipe, 2.5 inch Flowmaster 2 chamber 40 series catback w/ NickT pipes, 12.901 @ 108 stock 3.27 -died of heart failure
Quote:...the mark doesnt seem to rattle like other cars with subs..

Yeah, it's true. Caddy's are the same way. I have a loud and clear system in mine and you can't even tell it's playing from the outside if the windows are up. It's called quality construction. It bugs me when some pos car resonates with every bass note, like the trunk lid is a passive radiator or something. It's just stupid.
yea..my friend with an audi a6 just got a 12 inch alpine type r and even his trunk or license sounds louder than the sub...I love my system...All i need now is that novi 1000 haha
Quote:Yeah, it's true. Caddy's are the same way. I have a loud and clear system in mine and you can't even tell it's playing from the outside if the windows are up. It's called quality construction. It bugs me when some pos car resonates with every bass note, like the trunk lid is a passive radiator or something. It's just stupid.

The worst is add-on bodywork. I can't count how many ricers I've seen where the spoiler, or the side skirts, or fender flares, or.... are *visibly* vibrating and making a hell of a racket whenever the system thumps.
2003 Mercury Marauder

Silver Birch/Light Flint, 61K

[Image: Marauder_Small2.jpg]

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

June 1996 - October 12, 2006...R.I.P.Cry

[Image: LincolnMarkVIII96.1_320.jpg]

1979 Chevy Malibu

174K, mostly original

"The Project" (that never seems to get started)
Quote:The worst is add-on bodywork. I can't count how many ricers I've seen where the spoiler, or the side skirts, or fender flares, or.... are *visibly* vibrating and making a hell of a racket whenever the system thumps.
yea...my trunk will like flex up and down if I turn it up real loud..haha but thats so loud I wouldnt even sit in the car and listen to it for long periods of time..heres my new trunk layout..I did have to relocate the black box/ remove stock amp to get the box back in the slot.. it looks alot better now ..
If I were you I would relocate the amp to a place where it can cool properly. Hot air rises, and having something cover most of the amp will make it heat up fast. Most modern amps have a heatsink thats to small to begin with, they rely on proper mounting for longevity.
Space for rent
Quote:If I were you I would relocate the amp to a place where it can cool properly. Hot air rises, and having something cover most of the amp will make it heat up fast. Most modern amps have a heatsink thats to small to begin with, they rely on proper mounting for longevity.
yea...The amp i had before this would always heat up and turn off..this one has a built in fan..it never really gets hot...but I was thinking about putting it beside the sub box somewhere...Ill check it ..I dont think its going to get hot becuase of the fan...
Even though it has a fan, the amp still needs to have nothing covering it. The amps fan will help with cooling, but the case of the amp will still dissapate heat. Not to mention the fan needs to be free from any restrictions.
Space for rent
Yea...true..Thanks..Ill relocate it... somewhre.