Spot free rinse
Is it evil or not?
1998 BMW 328i 5 speed

H&R Touring kit 1.5" front and 1" rear

ASA AR2 17x8 and 17x9

Yokohama S Drives 225/45R17 and 245/40R17

Quote:Oh thank you Tanner-boss.

Quote:No i bend over quite often and take it like a man too. :lol:
Good question. When using my home Mr. Clean car wash I like it. My water is hard and it helps out. On the other hand, I've had bad experiences with the ones at the car wash. Sure, the spots are gone for now. But, as soon as you pick up a little dust it seems that it seems to stick to the spot clean stuff. Kinda hard to explain. I wonder what the stuff really is? My best results are to use spot clean and then wipe dry anyway.
I use the Mr.Clean thing too and it works for me, works better in a garage where no dust can get on the water though...
Working on a new site: http://youpaidwhat.us

:banana:
I have the Mr.Clean thing as well. It's works pretty good for me. I don't have the dust problem though. Sometimes I drive the car after I get done washing it to dry it off a little faster.
2001 yeller Cobra, Ford GT fuel pumps, 80lb injectors, Bassani X-pipe, Borla Stingers, 323 Big Bore Stroker, T-56, Procharger F1A
I use the compressor to blast water out of the mirrors and other crappy spots like that Big Grin

Quote:I use the compressor to blast water out of the mirrors and other crappy spots like that Big Grin
+1
[SIZE="1"]2001 Mustang GT Mineral Grey

Mods:

PERFORMANCE

-3.73 Gears (Ford Racing)

-JBA Headers

-Magnaflow Cat-Back

-K & N FIPK

-SCT Tuner

-MGW Shifter

-99 Cobra Brakes (Front)

-Russell Braided Brake Lines (Front)

LOOKS

-Eibach Sportline Springs

-17x9 Saleen Wheels (Chrome)

-12" Racing Stripes (Mocha Black Metallica)

OTHER

-Full Aftermarket Stereo System

13.793 @ 100.97mph

[Image: Mineral.jpg]

248 rwhp 290 rwtq[/SIZE]
Quote:I use the compressor to blast water out of the mirrors and other crappy spots like that Big Grin

I hear what your saying. But, We have hard water in this area of the country. There is no way to wash anything and not have spots left behind. The dissolved iron/calcium in the water stays behind after the water has evaporated. The spot free rinse in Mr. Clean seems to some how help that out.

In the old days before water softeners people used to catch there rain water in a cistern and use that for washing clothes. If you used well water it would turn your clothes red. Or, at least not get them very clean.

So, you had two sources of water. One for drinking, that was full of iron but, free of bacteria. And, a second soft water from a cistern (catch basin) that was free of iron and full of bacteria. That is why to this day the old timers will not drink soft water. The insist on having a hard water faucet in there house for drinking water. There convinced that not only is soft water bad for you. That and, those new fangled water softeners put salt in your water that is bad for you. ( Most water softeners use a brine solution to back flush out the diamatraious (sp) earth in the device that is used to clean the hardness out of well water)

Gets complicated.
My parents have a regular water well which isn't very deep, I think it's only 50 feet. But they get it tested every year to make sure the water is clean and whatnot and the water is very good quality, not too much iron or anything. The problem is that the well runs out of water pretty quickly..

I live in the city and use city water but I only drink the water which has been filtered by one of the Britta jug thing... Makes the water taste like bottled water Smile The Mr.Clean car wash thing has a filter to remove impurities from the water.

Quote:I live in the city and use city water but I only drink the water which has been filtered by one of the Britta jug thing... Makes the water taste like bottled water Smile .

Same here. I'm not worried my water is unsafe, but it tastes much better after running through the Brita pitcher.

I'd try the Mr. Clean stuff except that we're under water restrictions and you can get fined for washing a car in your driveway (or in my case, an apartment parking lot). Stupid drought.
2003 Mercury Marauder

Silver Birch/Light Flint, 61K

[Image: Marauder_Small2.jpg]

1996 Lincoln Mark VIII

June 1996 - October 12, 2006...R.I.P.Cry

[Image: LincolnMarkVIII96.1_320.jpg]

1979 Chevy Malibu

174K, mostly original

"The Project" (that never seems to get started)
Here it's on alternate days that we're allowed to hose our cars or gardens... The landlord is cool though he told me that I can just move my car on the patio where there's brick and wash my car there, he said no one from the street can see that part of the property lol