Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LSC to GTC style... it begins
Been putting this off for over 3 years, It now begins.
[Image: e897281a.jpg]

Left side stripped down, only two small rust spots to be fixed and I know of one more on the trunk.. Amazing in PA, but this car never sees winter for the past 18 years and sits in a garage protected from the elements, I'm lucky with only that much rust.
[Image: 6fa0a49b.jpg]

More to come as I go.
1989 Lincoln LSC, Primax 17" wheels, 245-50-17, fronts , 275-50-17 rears, ; unitedexhaust system cat back with magnaflow SS mufflers , FMS stainless headers, stillen rotors, diskbrakesrus powder coated front calipers; MAC cold air intake, Turbo Coupe Front Sway , (GTC #14 body kit, start transformation Sept 2011) , more to come.
Now we're cookin with gas!
[COLOR="Navy"]THE GT7[/COLOR]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nice! Nice looking tires. What are they and how do they ride?
91 LSCSE Electric Currant Red

Stk. 1.125" swaybar w/ Moog Rubber mounts

Moog LCA bushings, ball joints, Inner and outer tie rods, Reman rack

E.S. urethane end link bushings on OEM links

Steeda rear lower control arm bushings

Moog rubber upper control arm bushings

Motorcraft Struts, Moog Mounts, Koni Red shocks
Glad to see you start. Call me if you have any questions as you proceed.
W. V. Kelly

Did we somehow mix up three threads here?
ThreepointsevenLSCs/zeropointthreeXJSs
Falcon Raptor's , 245-50-17 and 275-50-17 , they ride nice and quiet .

Bill , I'm sure I will be bugging u along the way .
1989 Lincoln LSC, Primax 17" wheels, 245-50-17, fronts , 275-50-17 rears, ; unitedexhaust system cat back with magnaflow SS mufflers , FMS stainless headers, stillen rotors, diskbrakesrus powder coated front calipers; MAC cold air intake, Turbo Coupe Front Sway , (GTC #14 body kit, start transformation Sept 2011) , more to come.
(12-31-1969, 08:01 PM) link Wrote:Bill , I'm sure I will be bugging u along the way .

I'll be disappointed if you don't.
W. V. Kelly
ThreepointsevenLSCs/zeropointthreeXJSs
Further study looks like you have the Riken Raptor. A ZR rated tire owned by Michelin.

It seems to be getting harder to find Wide tall (26.6") car tires. I was trying to find something that would fit my Mark VII when I came across this forum. There's a lot of unhappy people. They drive Mercedes so that may say a lot. They seem to have a problem with the tires holding air then having catastrophic tire failure. With the money you are putting into the car thought you should be aware.

[url="http://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires-suspension-brakes-forum-sponsored-tire-rack/271144-tire-failure-riken-raptor.html"]http://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-tires-suspension-brakes-forum-sponsored-tire-rack/271144-tire-failure-riken-raptor.html[/url]

I find a lot of good things said about them. So it looks like short sidewalls and heavy cars may be the problem with the Mercedes.
91 LSCSE Electric Currant Red

Stk. 1.125" swaybar w/ Moog Rubber mounts

Moog LCA bushings, ball joints, Inner and outer tie rods, Reman rack

E.S. urethane end link bushings on OEM links

Steeda rear lower control arm bushings

Moog rubber upper control arm bushings

Motorcraft Struts, Moog Mounts, Koni Red shocks
My tires seem to be ok , I know things fail , usually owner neglect is always overlooked , so I take this report with a grain of sand , if there were serious consistent failures , I'm sure that a recall would be issued by the tire manufacturer .
Any one have thoughts on Soda blasting the surface of the car,, I'm told there is a company that is local and they charge $300 to come to your residence and blast the body. I think if thats a good option, i may go that way, and then I can do surface prep and concentrate on the dings and rust spots better since I will have a clean surface.. Thoughts?
Wheel issue solved . This color[Image: stillenbrakes019.jpg]
to this color, with the deep dish it should look excellent.
this is the plan.

[Image: bbs.jpg]