Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'02 Caravan ??
My daughter came over this afternoon in her '02 Caravan with only 1 window open -
91* :eek:, and when I asked, she said her ac wasn't working. Looking @ the car revealed that the caps were gone from the high and low side connectors.
Put the guages on it, and the system was dead.
Threw a can of gas @ it, and the high side port is leaking.

Can those 134A valves be cleaned somehow? Obviously not a schrader type valve, and I'm sure the lack of a cap has something to do with junk getting in there.

I'm MAC certified, but never ran into this before.

The pass side window is another issue.
My Perfect 5th Vehicle Would Be A Towtruck

'90 LSC/SE, Black on Black in Black, 347", T5, springs, ground effects.

'94 F150 4X 306, B303

'70 MK III, 76 K miles, pretty but has issues

'01 Durango, the wifes grocery getter.

Previously: '66 Cont'l Coupe, '75 Town Coupe, '79 MK V, '83 MK VI, '86 Cont'l, '94 Cont'l,

'89 MK VII BB

(and I have the unused parts to prove it Wink )
Most new vehicles use a spring loaded Viton ball and seat in the high side fitting. If it leaks, you have to change the fitting. It should have a hexed base for a wrench to unscrew it from the line. Chrysler is where i would get the new fitting. *** Make sure you get new caps for both fittings are the are the PRIMARY seal. The schraders are only to allow to service the system while installing/removing you test guage lines.***

When you refill the system with a refrigerant, find a can that has leak detection dye in it. That way if it leaks out, you can chase it down with a UV Light and yellow safety glasses (which the parts store should have).
ASE Master Tech with 15 years experience

Daily Driver: 1994 GMC Sonoma, Extended Cab, 2WD, with the 4.3 V6 Vortec.
Future plans/projects: Finishing that darn 64 Malibu SS
I knew the caps were important, and it's possible that I pushed some junk into the valve(s) myself I guess. Van was hot when it got to the house and I was more interested in getting it done quickly than doing my due dilligence.
I'll hit the dealer tomorrow. Thanks Smile
My Perfect 5th Vehicle Would Be A Towtruck

'90 LSC/SE, Black on Black in Black, 347", T5, springs, ground effects.

'94 F150 4X 306, B303

'70 MK III, 76 K miles, pretty but has issues

'01 Durango, the wifes grocery getter.

Previously: '66 Cont'l Coupe, '75 Town Coupe, '79 MK V, '83 MK VI, '86 Cont'l, '94 Cont'l,

'89 MK VII BB

(and I have the unused parts to prove it Wink )