Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No juice to the wiper motor
1988, S-10 Pickup, 2.5 Litre Motor, NO A/C or Power steering. Well, last but not least, I've got everything buttoned up on the truck, just getting ready to renew the registration, and head off to get inspected. ALL my lights work, but when I put the wipers back on and went to turn em on, NADA,, nothing. SO I checked the fuse, (25 amp) Its ok, check the wiper motor plug, its OK, plugged in, Check continuity at the plug,, all looks good ( the speeds continuity work when the turnsignal stock is turned to off, low and high). The mist, turns on the washer motor (it works), but no wipers. I checked the volts at the fuse block,, its only getting 5.0 Volts,, SO where do I go from here??????
1989 Lincoln LSC, Primax 17" wheels, 245-50-17, fronts , 275-50-17 rears, ; unitedexhaust system cat back with magnaflow SS mufflers , FMS stainless headers, stillen rotors, diskbrakesrus powder coated front calipers; MAC cold air intake, Turbo Coupe Front Sway , (GTC #14 body kit, start transformation Sept 2011) , more to come.
Are you getting voltage to the plugin at the wiper motor? If so you need to replace the circut board on the motor itself. this is a very common problem with GM wiper motors and is quite easy to fix. Just one T10, I believe, torx bolt holds it to the wiper motor and last one I changed seemd to be not much more than 20 bucks picked up at the local parts store.
If you're gonna build it, make it fast!

[Image: 1fast79_banner.gif]
Quote:Are you getting voltage to the plugin at the wiper motor? If so you need to replace the circut board on the motor itself. this is a very common problem with GM wiper motors and is quite easy to fix. Just one T10, I believe, torx bolt holds it to the wiper motor and last one I changed seemd to be not much more than 20 bucks picked up at the local parts store.

Motor shot at the brushes.. Replaces with rebuilt, and works perfect.
1989 Lincoln LSC, Primax 17" wheels, 245-50-17, fronts , 275-50-17 rears, ; unitedexhaust system cat back with magnaflow SS mufflers , FMS stainless headers, stillen rotors, diskbrakesrus powder coated front calipers; MAC cold air intake, Turbo Coupe Front Sway , (GTC #14 body kit, start transformation Sept 2011) , more to come.