Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95 t-bird hesitating under throttle
Need some help guys...

Symptoms:
- Initial start up and first mile down the road it's fine,
- After that it loses all power to accelerate and shakes
- If I feather the throttle and keep it below 1200 rpm it gets up to speed fine
- Anything over 10% throttle and the a/c kicks off like it's under WOT and the air comes thru the defrost
- Once at desired speed it cruises along just fine as nothing is wrong
- Oil pressure is good
- coolant temp is good

So far I've tried:
- Took Mass air flow sensor of and cleaned it with Mass air cleaner
- unplugged the Mass air sensor and problem still persist
- bought a fuel filter but don't have the tool to take it completely off (finish in the mornin)

Other things it might be:
- bad cats?
- Bad O2 sensors? - but would those cause the car to shake?
- water in the fuel?
- Bad plugs?
- Bad wires?
- Coil packs bad?

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Danny
"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!"

USC entered the game boasting a 34-game win streak, two Heisman Trophy winners and a recent ESPN hype machine special that compared them to some of the best teams ever. Texas had Vince Young.

No contest.

oh and stockv6cam is still a doughboy vag
Is the check engine light on? If so use a scan tool to pull the codes. It could be a number of things. Weak fuel pump, EGR stuck open, If the problem still persists after getting the filter changed, and the check engine light is not on, get a fuel pressure guage and attach to scrader valve on the fuel rail. Start the engine and check to make sure the fuel pressure stays above 30-40 PSI when you hit the accelerator.
If you're gonna build it, make it fast!

[Image: 1fast79_banner.gif]
Quote:Is the check engine light on? If so use a scan tool to pull the codes. It could be a number of things. Weak fuel pump, EGR stuck open, If the problem still persists after getting the filter changed, and the check engine light is not on, get a fuel pressure guage and attach to scrader valve on the fuel rail. Start the engine and check to make sure the fuel pressure stays above 30-40 PSI when you hit the accelerator.

Yes, check engine light is on, problem is I don't have an OB-I scanner, just an OB-II

I need to head to the parts store to get that tool for the fuel line and I'll see how much a scanner is
"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!"

USC entered the game boasting a 34-game win streak, two Heisman Trophy winners and a recent ESPN hype machine special that compared them to some of the best teams ever. Texas had Vince Young.

No contest.

oh and stockv6cam is still a doughboy vag
Have you checked for vacuum leaks?

Have you misted water in the plug wires and coils to check for spark leakage?

Checked fuel pressure and volume?

Sometimes a dead MAF can cause those symptoms, just like a disconnected MAF.
94-96 MAFs are prone to failure on fords.

Really need codes and Data (pid) parameters to go further.
ASE Master Tech with 15 years experience

Daily Driver: 1994 GMC Sonoma, Extended Cab, 2WD, with the 4.3 V6 Vortec.
Future plans/projects: Finishing that darn 64 Malibu SS
Any Luck?
ASE Master Tech with 15 years experience

Daily Driver: 1994 GMC Sonoma, Extended Cab, 2WD, with the 4.3 V6 Vortec.
Future plans/projects: Finishing that darn 64 Malibu SS