Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masons stinkin lincoln number 2!
Well I went and bought firstmark's 90 LSC on friday. Was a nice comfy ride home, love the car, needs a TON of TLC but it will be a nice daily for me.
First Questions:
Anyone know ANYTHING about an old school kill switch set up by a company named Chapman security systems? There was no key for it to be given to me so I was gonna remove it and hide it in the dash were it couldnt be pressed untill my buddy got in and hit it with his knee. Now the car doesn't start... Today Im gonna start removing the interior and gonna look up under the dash and see were it goes and maybe I can trace the wires and remove it.

Next what is the easiest way to install poly bushings?? I spent all last night cleaning the rubber out of the bushing cups, and lubed up the small one and i barely got it in a 1/4 of the way. Anyone got some tips? I wanna get both front arms prepped, bushings installed, and ready because when I install my good front bags im gonna put in my KYB struts, my spindles with drilled rotors, and my turbo coupe sway bar since I made out and got a set of control arms and every poly bushing I need.

Is it possible to install my 88 dash in the 90? I like the old style dash better, and I want my mustang steering wheel. Plus the 90 dash will need to come out for extensive crack repair and paint anyway so.

And finally there will be lots of pics, of every mod and progression on this car.

Hints are this, it will be done RIGHT, it will be nice, and it will no longer be red AT ALL.

Thanks in advance guys, you all are my inspiration to stay with the marks, and are my greatest help.
proud owner of a 1988 Lincoln mark VII LSC

[Image: daboss351.jpg]

Mods: KYB GR2's up front, Grabriels out back, drilled rotors, mac 2 1/2 h pipe, mac CAI, ford racing wires, NGK plugs, and Royal Purple oil. More to come!
Why would you want to go back to the old style dash?

On the control arms make sure the metal sleeve isnt in bushing wait until after you get that bushing in to install. Also If you got a set of turbo coupe lower arms I would be willing consider trading you my lsc arms with bushings already installed and painted with por-15. They have brand new moog ball joints in them.

Where are the pics of this car?
94 S10 LS1/T56 233/237, Fast 102, SW 1 7/8 long tubes 3/3 drop
03 Silverado SS AWD Whipple
07 Gmc Savana 2500 6.0: "My DD"
91 LSC SE Blk on Blk 5Spd: Sold
92 LSC Blk on Blk: Sold
they will be coming
How soon would you like turbo coupe arms? I'm gonna take a road trip to my dads one weekend after the car is done to get my GPS and subs from my brother and I can go get s set from my parts turbo coupe thats in MD.
I like the old style dash better thats all, and its not cracked, It eliminates having to buy a non cracked 90+ dash, And I get to keep the trim I painted, and my mustang steering wheel.
Thanks for the tip I have the sleeve in ill have to knock it out and see how much that helps!

Mods: KYB GR2's up front, Grabriels out back, drilled rotors, mac 2 1/2 h pipe, mac CAI, ford racing wires, NGK plugs, and Royal Purple oil. More to come!
There is NO INFO online about this stupid kill thing other then its called a Kar-Lok and it was patented back in the late 70's and helped cut down car theft, other then that it seems im up shit creek without a paddle.
Anyone have any help on this? Or am I doomed to tear everything apart...

those Chapman things are a PITA. There should be a relay for that thing some where in engine compartment.

As for the TC control arms I'm looking to mount them in place of my coil conversion, since Arnott IMO sucks. It would be nice if I could score a whole k-member with control arms and springs is you got all that stuff.
94 S10 LS1/T56 233/237, Fast 102, SW 1 7/8 long tubes 3/3 drop
03 Silverado SS AWD Whipple
07 Gmc Savana 2500 6.0: "My DD"
91 LSC SE Blk on Blk 5Spd: Sold
92 LSC Blk on Blk: Sold
Quote:those Chapman things are a PITA. There should be a relay for that thing some where in engine compartment.

As for the TC control arms I'm looking to mount them in place of my coil conversion, since Arnott IMO sucks. It would be nice if I could score a whole k-member with control arms and springs is you got all that stuff.

the car has the entire suspension still in the car.
when I go down I'll pull it all

Yep found the relay, and all the SHIT wireing the person did to install it. Once I found it, 5 mins and it fired right up!!
Installed my 65mm tb, 65 to 60mm egr spacer I made, new IAC, my CAI, 9mm ford racing wires, ngk plugs, accel cap and rotor, motorcraft oil and filter, and my nicely painted explorer intake plaque. All and all a good day. Have to pull the TB again and get a real gasket, its sucking in coolent.

Swapping the dash isn't worth it. The steering column is totally different between the two, along with the wiring.
[Image: Sig15.jpg]

1987 Lincoln Mark VII LSC | 1985 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 | 1995 Ford Mustang GT | 1994 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel | 2003 Ford Focus SVT
Quote:Swapping the dash isn't worth it. The steering column is totally different between the two, along with the wiring.

thats what I needed to know
thanks!

Check out my cardomain for pics of my dash swap. Its not that bad. Just treat it like a newborn baby and be gentle with it.

Any pics of the new car, what are you doing with the old one, what kind of TLC does it need?
97 LSC - blk/blk, Sniper Tuned, 13"cobra brakes, 05+ staggered saleen wheels, hubswapped, kybs, ss shock mounts, ss brake lines, JMOD, 4.10s, eaton truetrac, 8000k hid's, spider valve v3, x pipe, 3rd cat deleted, lms muffs, air silencer delete, k&n, 160* Tstat & MUCH More.
pics coming tomorrow!!
the old one is being donor to the new one! Im swaping the flat black front clip, polished lights, painted grill, and new fog lights on it tomorrow once it stops running like a choo choo train lol
inside needs some SERIOUS TLC but you know its ok for now. Its gonna have a bitchen suspension set up, and its gonna be from top to bottom done RIGHT the way I want it