Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmission Miracle????
The TV cable bushing dropped out last week and the tranny seemed to have been killed. Put in the new & improved brass grommet and it seemed to help, but it still wasn't right. Thought it was toast.

Today I got around to making the adjustment on the cable (per the instructions in the tech article at LOL) and what a transformation! Shifts are once again on time and crisp. Good 3/2 or even 4/2 downshift at about 50 MPH - 2/3 upshifts solid at all speeds - no slip going into 4th.

I plan to take it to the tranny shop on Monday to check the pressure and do a final adjustment if needed. About 90K on the AOD.

What are the odds it will hold up for a while? I do plan a rebuild in the future, but had not planned on doing it quite yet as I've only owned the car a few weeks. Your thoughts????

BTW - thanks to all who have chimed in on the other "Tranny Help" thread.
[COLOR="Blue"]"Life's Short, Eat Dessert First"[/COLOR]

'88 LSC (my third VII) - K&N panel; air box deleted; 2 1/4" mandrel-bent cat-back system w/stainless Magnaflows from United Exhaust; Mustang intake snorkel; TC front swaybar w/HD Moog links; Hella 550 Fogs; 235x16 General Altimax HP's; Addco 415 rear anti-swaybar w/HD Moog endlinks and Energy Suspension bushings
I am at 25 months since my bushing failed. No problems yet. I cought it very early.
I have yet to find the brass bushing. I've been to 4 different dealers and they all look at me like I'm stupid.. lol
----------------------------------------

88 Bill Blass

2 chamber Flowmaster mufflers.

92 LSC SE

Magnaflow Mufflers and 2 cat H-pipe, MAC Cold Air Induction, MSD 6AL Ignition, T/C Front Sway Bar, Addco #415G Rear.

http://www.westcoastlincolns.net

[Image: 1219234537.png]
(04-11-2011, 11:59 PM)88MK7Man link Wrote: I have yet to find the brass bushing. I've been to 4 different dealers and they all look at me like I'm stupid.. lol

Since we have a 4R70W in "Old Blue" I don't need the 6-8 on hand. PM me your address and I'll send you one for postage.
W. V. Kelly
ThreepointsevenLSCs/zeropointthreeXJSs