Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underdrive pullies & Cold Air Induction
I've been looking through the archives and am now confused!:chin: How about some feedback on underdrive pullies and cold air induction systems. For a currently stock daily driver, which will probably never be highly modified, are these worthwhile investments? I'm looking for a few tricks to wake the old girl up a bit (aren't we all?). Gears and exhaust are definitely in the planning stages. I had planned on a Mustang intake snorkel, K&N filter and airbox delete, but would the whole kit be better? Do the pullies really make much difference? Notes in the archives are mixed on this.
Thanks for your thoughts -
[COLOR="Blue"]"Life's Short, Eat Dessert First"[/COLOR]

'88 LSC (my third VII) - K&N panel; air box deleted; 2 1/4" mandrel-bent cat-back system w/stainless Magnaflows from United Exhaust; Mustang intake snorkel; TC front swaybar w/HD Moog links; Hella 550 Fogs; 235x16 General Altimax HP's; Addco 415 rear anti-swaybar w/HD Moog endlinks and Energy Suspension bushings
Personally. Subframe connectors, gears , Converter or 5 spd swap.

Then maybe Electric fan, exhaust, bump the timing a few degrees.

I personally think that the underdrives create more problems then they are worth with your stock charging system ( that isnt up to the task in stock form) unless you upgrade to a 3g alternator.

For handeling the Turbo Coupe front bar with the addco rear bar is a must. I have recently done this to my car , and I can say it has been the mod I have had the most fun with as far as drivability goes.

You can ramp it up and run bigger wheels, sn95 swap, then a coilover conversion.

Alll in all i think the handling mods are a fun starter one. Just make sure you get some subframes in there.
94 S10 LS1/T56 233/237, Fast 102, SW 1 7/8 long tubes 3/3 drop
03 Silverado SS AWD Whipple
07 Gmc Savana 2500 6.0: "My DD"
91 LSC SE Blk on Blk 5Spd: Sold
92 LSC Blk on Blk: Sold
just do a crank pulley
makes the largest differene without harming the alt power making that much
65mm TB off a explorer makes a NICE difference in throttle response
then everything else mentioned.
proud owner of a 1988 Lincoln mark VII LSC

[Image: daboss351.jpg]

Mods: KYB GR2's up front, Grabriels out back, drilled rotors, mac 2 1/2 h pipe, mac CAI, ford racing wires, NGK plugs, and Royal Purple oil. More to come!